Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
1. To make Salsa Verde: Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add tomatillos and onion, and boil 10 minutes, or until vegetables are soft to the touch. Drain, transfer to blender, and blend with jalapeño and cilantro until smooth.
2. To make Guacamole: Mash avocados, cilantro, oil, and lemon juice in medium bowl. Stir in tomato and onion, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. To make Pico de Gallo: Combine all ingredients in medium bowl, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4. To make Chilaquiles: Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add tofu, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Sauté 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in 2 cups Salsa Verde, then tortilla chips. Stir in 2 more cups Salsa Verde, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through. Serve with Guacamole and Pico de Gallo.
- Calories 424
- Carbohydrate Content 35 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 26 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 93 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g