Complete this dinner with warm corn tortillas, a salad made with a bag of organic salad mix and tangy sliced oranges.
- 1/4 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, optional
- 1/2 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
- 2 (15-oz.) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 (15-oz.) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce, optional
In food processor, pulse onion, garlic, jalapeño pepper and cilantro until coarsely chopped. Add tomatoes and pulse until finely chopped.
In medium saucepan, combine salsa and pinto beans. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and simmer, stirring often, 15 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste. Serve with a dollop of sour cream if desired.
- Calories: 201
- Carbohydrate Content: 36 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 12 g
- Sodium Content: 586 mg