30 MINUTES OR LESSThis tangy soup calls for precut and peeled butternut squash, which can be found in well-stocked markets.
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 3 shallots, peeled
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar, or to taste
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 1/2 lbs. butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh dill leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 1 cup plantain chips, for garnish
Steam and cool squash.
Stir together buttermilk and yogurt until smooth. Pour 1 cup buttermilk mixture into bowl of food processor or blender and add half the cooked squash, shallots, sugar, curry powder, dill leaves, salt and pepper. Process until mixture is partially smooth.
To serve, pour soup into individual bowls or large tureen and garnish with dill leaves, remaining squash cubed and plantain chips.
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrate Content: 49 g
- Cholesterol Content: 10 mg
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 230 mg