This vibrant soup is flavored with ponzu, a citrus-based Japanese sauce that adds a salty tang. Many ponzu sauces are made with bonito (fish) flakes, so read the label carefully before choosing.
- 2 English cucumbers, finely diced (4 cups), divided
- 2 Asian pears, peeled, cored, and finely diced (2 cups), divided
- 4 Tbs. ponzu marinade, such as Eden Foods, divided
- 1 avocado, finely diced (1 cup)
- 1 3-oz. pkg. plain ramen noodles
1 Blend 3 cups cucumber, 1 cup pear, and 2 Tbs. ponzu marinade in blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Refrigerate 30 minutes, or until chilled. 2 Combine remaining cucumber and pear with avocado and 1 Tbs. ponzu marinade in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and refrigerate until soup is chilled. 3 Cook noodles according to package directions. Rinse under cold water, and drain well. Toss with remaining 1 Tbs. ponzu marinade, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. 4 Ladle 1⁄2 cup cucumber soup into each of 4 bowls. Pile 1⁄3 cup cooked noodles into each bowl. Spoon 1⁄2 cup fruit-and-veggie mix over noodles. Garnish with freshly cracked pepper and coarse sea salt, if desired.
- Calories: 198
- Carbohydrate Content: 26 g
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 103 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g