- 2 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. sweet curry powder
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 4 Tbs. chopped fresh mint, divided
- 4 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley, divided, plus leaves or sprigs for garnish
- 2 tsp. lemon juice, or more, if necessary, divided
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest, divided
- 1 cup cooked and cooled quinoa
1 | Heat 2 Tbs. oil in small skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and ginger; sauté 1 minute, or until slightly softened. Add curry powder, and sauté 15 to 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Remove from heat.
2 | Blend cucumbers, yogurt, sour cream, 3 Tbs. mint, 3 Tbs. parsley, 1 tsp. lemon juice, 1/2 tsp. lemon zest, and curry-garlic mixture in blender on high speed until smooth. Refrigerate 2 hours, or until completely chilled. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3 | Combine quinoa, remaining 2 tsp. oil, and remaining 1 Tbs. mint, 1 Tbs. parsley, 1 tsp. lemon juice, and 1/2 tsp. lemon zest in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4 | Ladle soup into shallow bowls. Spoon 1/4 cup quinoa into middle of each bowl. Garnish with parsley leaves, and drizzle lightly with oil.
- Calories: 212
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Cholesterol Content: 7 mg
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 67 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g