Serve this soup in small, clear drinking glasses (shot glasses are great for hors d’oeuvres) to show off its bright green color. Meyer lemons are worth seeking out for the fragrant, floral flavor of their zest and juice. The soup can be made up to two days ahead.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 small shallot, chopped (2 Tbs.)
- 1 lb. frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup silken tofu
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper
- 1/4 cup large fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated Meyer lemon zest or grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tsp. champagne vinegar
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until soft and translucent. Add 21/2 cups water, and bring to a boil. Remove saucepan from heat; add peas, tofu, and white pepper; and season with salt, if desired.
2. Blend with immersion blender or in stand blender or food processor until smooth. Add mint leaves and lemon zest, and blend 30 seconds, or until very smooth.
3. Chill. Stir in vinegar just before serving. Garnish each serving with 1 mint leaf.
- Calories: 66
- Carbohydrate Content: 9 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 1 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g