Simplicity is the main ingredient in this creamy soup of peas and fresh herbs. Garlic toast fingers are perfect for dipping into the soup to get to the cheese on the bottom.
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, sprinkle
with salt (if desired), and sauté 3 minutes, or until softened but not colored.
2. Add peas and hot broth. Bring to a simmer, and cook, covered, 7 to 8 minutes if using fresh peas (3 minutes if using frozen), or until peas are just cooked through.
3. Remove from heat; cool 20 minutes. Add herbs, and purée until smooth in blender or food processor or with immersion blender. Press through fine-mesh sieve into bowl, and chill.
4. Rub both sides of bread slices with cut sides of garlic clove; toast bread, and cut each slice into 4 slim fingers.
5. Divide cheese among glasses. Stir chilled soup; taste, and season with salt (if desired). Pour over cheese, and sprinkle with black pepper (if desired). Balance 1 bread finger across rim of each glass, and serve with small spoons.
- Calories 114
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 6 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 203 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g