With a wonderful combination of savory, sweet, and spicy elements, this dish takes you on a flavorful journey with every bite.
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. coconut nectar or honey
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 English cucumber, spiral sliced or thinly sliced into half moons (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free soy sauce or tamari
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 4 tsp. coconut nectar or sugar
- 4 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs. wasabi paste
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 12-oz. blocks firm silken tofu, drained, chilled, each cut into
- 4 squares
- 3 Tbs. finely chopped green onion
- 2 tsp. white sesame seeds
1 | To make Cucumbers: Whisk together lime juice, coconut nectar, vinegar, and salt in bowl. Stir in cucumber, and set aside.
2 | To make Dressing: shake together all ingredients in sealed jar.
3 | To make Tofu: Place tofu squares on platter or in shallow bowls. Spoon 1 Tbs. Dressing atop each tofu square, and sprinkle with green onion. Drain Cucumbers, discard brine, and mound 2 Tbs. Cucumbers atop each tofu square. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Calories: 92
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 578 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g