Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
The combination of cool, custardy tofu with a tart sesame vinaigrette makes for a refreshing low-fat lunch. Feel free to substitute other diced steamed vegetables, such as zucchini, snap peas, or green beans, for the asparagus.
1. To make Vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients in small bowl, and stir to combine. Set aside.
2. To make Tofu Salad: Place asparagus in microwave-safe dish with ¼ cup water; cook on high 45 to 60 seconds, or until crisp-tender. Rinse asparagus under cold water, drain, and wrap in paper towels to dry. Slice into ¼-inch coins. Divide asparagus among 4 shallow bowls.
3. Center 2 pieces tofu atop asparagus on each bowl. Mound green onions and ginger atop tofu, and sprinkle sesame seeds over each dish. Drizzle 2 Tbs. Vinaigrette around tofu, and serve.
- Calories 185
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 759 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g