Chimichurri Tofu Skewers Are an Underrated Grilling Essential
These chimichurri tofu skewers are one of those dishes that's so simple, yet so flavorful and satisfying
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
These chimichurri tofu skewers are one of those dishes that’s so simple, yet so flavorful and satisfying – exactly what we want when we’re making a late-summer meal on the grill. The sauce here gets a little extra kick from jalapeño-infused oil, which also serves as the marinade for the tofu. If you’re going to be skewering regularly – and we certainly hope you will – it’s worth it to spend a few dollars on a set of reusable skewers.
Sure, you could just drop a mushroom cap or pre-packed veggie burger patty on the grill, but in just seconds more, you can bring this polished dish to the table.
More Related Recipes to Try Next:
Avocado Chimichurri Bruschetta
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Watercress Chimichurri
Tomato-Summer Squash Skewers
Chimichurri Tofu Skewers
- 1 14-oz. pkg. firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves and stems separated
- 1 jalapeño chile, seeds and membranes removed, roughly chopped (2 Tbs.)
- 5 Tbs. garlic-flavored olive oil
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Halve tofu crosswise, and slice each half into 8 rectangles. Pat dry, transfer to shallow dish, and set aside.
- Finely chop enough parsley leaves to equal 1/2 cup, and set aside. Add parsley stems to small saucepan with jalapeño and oil, and bring just to a boil over medium heat. Lower heat, and simmer 2 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Strain and discard solids from oil. Cool oil completely.
- Pour 2 Tbs. infused oil over tofu. Gently turn tofu to coat with oil; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Marinate 15 minutes, turning once.
- Whisk together remaining infused oil, vinegar, and chopped parsley leaves. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Thread each tofu rectangle on 7-inch bamboo skewer. Grill 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until slightly charred and beginning to crisp.
- Remove skewers to platter, and spoon chimichurri over tofu.
- Calories 58
- Carbohydrate Content 0.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 7 mg
- Sugar Content 0.5 g