Garlicky black bean sauce adds loads of flavor to this rich, satisfying chili. The garnish of sliced green onions and crispy chow mein noodles makes for an easy Asian treat.
- 2 15-oz. cans white soybeans, drained and rinsed
- 1 12-oz. pkg. crumbled soy "meat"
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock, or more as needed
- 1 8-oz. can water chestnuts, drained
- 2 Tbs. minced garlic
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 2 Tbs. Chinese black bean sauce
- 2 tsp. Chinese chili-garlic sauce, or more to taste
- 2 bunches green onions, cut into 2-inch lengths on the diagonal, for garnish
- 2 cups chow mein noodles, for garnish
Combine all ingredients except green onions and noodles in 4-qt. slow cooker or large pot.
Cover slow cooker, and cook on low 4 to 6 hours. Or place lid on pot, and bring chili to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spoon chili into bowls, garnish with green onions and noodles, and serve.
- Calories: 280
- Carbohydrate Content: 25 g
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 639 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g