This recipe is like two desserts in one: a rich fudge sauce when warm and a decadent chocolate-banana pudding when chilled.
- 3 medium-size bananas
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 3/4 cup vegan semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 3 kiwis, peeled, halved crosswise and sliced
- 2 mangoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup dried unsweetened coconut, optional
Preheat oven to 350F. Bake whole unpeeled bananas 15 minutes, or until black and soft. Cut tips and squeeze flesh into bowl of food processor.
Bring coconut milk to a boil in saucepan. Remove from heat, and stir in chocolate chips. Let stand 3 minutes, or until chocolate has melted. Whisk in syrup and vanilla. Purée chocolate mixture with bananas until smooth.
Divide fruit among 6 bowls, and drizzle with chocolate-banana ganache. Sprinkle with coconut, if desired, and serve.
- Calories: 230
- Carbohydrate Content: 41 g
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 7 mg
- Sugar Content: 26 g