Take chocolate chip cookies to the next level with this espresso-spiked dough that's laced with chewy oats.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour or oat flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 4 oz. (1 stick) margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cooled espresso or strong coffee
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda in bowl.
2. Cream margarine and sugar together with electric mixer in bowl. Beat in espresso and vanilla. Beat in flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time, adding up to 1/2 cup more if necessary to make thick dough. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
3. Divide dough in half. Transfer each dough half to large sheet of plastic wrap or wax paper. Use plastic wrap to shape dough into 2 2-inch-diameter logs with plastic wrap or wax paper. Wrap tightly, and chill 2 hours, or overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Slice dough logs into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Transfer slices to greased or parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Bake 8 to 11 minutes, or until cookies look dry on top. Cool cookies 3 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to wire rack
- Calories: 56
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 43 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g