You will need a special chocolate fondue pot or a heat defuser to place under your ceramic fondue pot. Or simply heat your chocolate on the stove before serving and reheat as needed.
- 1 pint ripe strawberries
- 2 large navel oranges
- 1 medium-sized fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cubed
- 4 regular bananas or 8 baby bananas
- 2 cups dried apricots
- 4 oz. dried papaya, optional
- 4 oz. dried mango, optional
- 3 cups cubed cake, either angel food or pound cake
- 1 lb. assorted finger cookies
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb. chocolate chips or chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 Tbs. Grand Marnier or other fruit liqueur or orange juice
Wash and hull strawberries, and let air dry. Peel oranges, using hands to keep skin on sections unbroken. Break apart sections and place on rack to dry for 1 hour. Cut regular bananas into 1-inch lengths.
Heat cream in saucepan over medium and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add chocolate, softening for 3 minutes. If not totally melted, place pan over lowest heat and stir constantly until melted. Stir in Grand Marnier and remove from heat.
Transfer chocolate to fondue pot or ceramic pot and serve with accompaniments. Do not continue to heat at table.
- Calories: 220
- Carbohydrate Content: 24 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 10 mg