If theres a synonym for ooey gooey, this is it: diner-style chocolate cake. But while this version has a moist, velvety texture and a deep chocolate flavor, it’s surprisingly light—227 calories per slice; others run anywhere from 450 to 620.
1. To make Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 2 8-inch round cake pans. Whisk together tofu, syrup, coffee, and vanilla with ¼ cup cold water in large bowl until smooth.
2. Sift together all remaining cake ingredients. Add to tofu mixture, and beat with electric mixer until smooth, about 2 to 4 minutes.
3. Divide batter between cake pans. Bake about 15 minutes, or until springy to the touch. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Invert cakes onto racks, and cool completely.
4. To make Chocolate Frosting: Place tofu, vanilla, and chocolate in blender or food processor, and process until smooth.
5. To assemble: Place 1 cake layer on serving plate. Spread with ½ cup frosting. Top with second cake layer. Decoratively frost top and sides. Garnish with raspberries, if desired.