These mini tarts can be made up to a day in advance—simply garnish with fruit right before serving.
- 3 cups gingersnap cookies
- 1 cup shelled unsalted pistachios, plus 1/4 cup finely chopped for garnish, divided
- 2/3 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 2 cups vanilla coconut yogurt or vanilla soy yogurt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur, optional
- 4 cups mixed summer fruit, such as raspberries, strawberries, and diced apricots
- 2 Tbs. liquid sweetener, such as agave nectar, optional
1. Grind gingersnaps and 1 cup pistachios into crumbs in food processor. Add dates, and process to combine. (Mixture should stick together easily when pinched between two fingers; if too dry, mix in water 1/2 tsp. at a time.)
2. Spoon about 1/2 cup crust mixture into 4-inch tartlet mold with removable bottom, and press evenly onto bottom and side surfaces. Repeat with remaining mixture and more tart molds to form 8 tartlet shells.
3. Warm yogurt in medium saucepan 2 to 3 minutes over medium-low heat, or until hot. Remove from heat, and whisk in chocolate chips until melted. Add Grand Marnier (if using), and whisk until very smooth. Fill tartlet shells with chocolate mixture, and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
4. Carefully remove tartlets from molds, and transfer to serving plates. Garnish each tartlet with 1/2 cup fruit and sprinkle of chopped pistachios, and drizzle with liquid sweetener, if using.
- Calories: 441
- Carbohydrate Content: 68 g
- Fat Content: 19 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 162 mg
- Sugar Content: 40 g