Chocolate S’mores Pie
Campfire lovers rejoice: marshmallows may not be veg (they contain gelatin), but marshmallow crème is. A little of this decadent dessert goes a long way, so serve it in thin slivers.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 7-oz. bar 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking bar, chopped
- 1 cup soy creamer
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 9-inch prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place chopped chocolate in heat-proof bowl. Bring soy creamer to a simmer in medium saucepan. Pour soy creamer over chocolate, and let stand 30 seconds, then whisk until combined. Whisk in egg, vanilla, and pinch of salt.
2. Pour chocolate mixture into crust. Cover crust edges with foil or pie shield. Place on baking sheet, and bake 25 minutes, or until softly set around edges but still loose in center when shaken. Cool 1 hour on wire rack.
3. Preheat broiler. Spread marshmallow crème on pie, and broil 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until top is golden-brown.
- Serving Size 1 slice
- Calories 226
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 19 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 87 mg
- Sugar Content 18 g