Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Bran cereal is the “secret” ingredient that gives these chocolaty treats their spiky look (and lets you sneak in a healthful portion of fiber).
1. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet. Fill saucepan with water, and bring to a boil.
2. Break up chocolate into metal bowl that will fit atop saucepan.
3. Remove saucepan from heat, and place bowl with chocolate over steaming water. Stir chocolate until melted. Remove bowl from over steaming water. Stir in cereal and nuts and/or dried fruits until coated with chocolate.
4. Spoon 1-Tbs. mounds of chocolate mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Transfer to freezer to set for 10 minutes.
- Calories 81
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 2 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 16 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g