Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Here’s a sweet way to use up a bumper crop of zucchini and get a boost of antioxidants in the bargain. Zucchini is rich in lutein and zeaxanthin, two antioxidants that are important for healthy vision. Dark chocolate delivers plenty of catechins and phenols, which are good for the heart and have anticancer properties.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F, and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. To make Cookie Dough: Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl. Set aside.
Beat sugar and butter in bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Beat in zucchini until well combined. Add flour mixture, and beat until smooth.
2. Roll Cookie Dough into 2-inch balls, and place 1 1/2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until tops of cookies look dry. Cool 1 minute in pan, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining Cookie Dough. Cool cookies completely.
To make Chocolate Glaze:
3. Melt chocolate chips, butter, and corn syrup in bowl in microwave 30 seconds to 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Stir until smooth, and add vanilla extract. Spread on cookies, and cool 10 to 20 minutes, or until glaze is set.
- Calories 94
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 14 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 93 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g