Frisée lettuce and radicchio stay relatively firm after they’ve been mixed with dressing, which means you don’t have to worry about the salad going limp.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1 small head frisee lettuce (curly endive), chopped (1 cup)
- 1 head radicchio, chopped (2 cups)
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh oregano
- 1 Tbs. capers
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1 hard-boiled egg, coarsely chopped
1. To make Balsamic Vinaigrette: Whisk together all ingredients in small bowl, and let stand 10 minutes.
2. To assemble Salad: Toss together frisée, radicchio, oregano, capers, and half of cheese, if using, in bowl. Add Balsamic Vinaigrette, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired; divide between 2 bowls; and sprinkle with remaining cheese and egg.
- Calories: 223
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Cholesterol Content: 106 mg
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 178 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g