Chunky Mushroom Ragu
Need a switch from tomato sauce? This hearty mushroom topping is just the ticket for pasta, grilled tofu, greens, or even eggs.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 Tbs. dried Italian herb seasoning (mixed herbs)
- 6 cups sliced mixed mushrooms, such as buttons, portobellos, and shiitakes
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (2 Tbs.)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups mushroom broth
- 1 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and Italian seasoning; sauté 6 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and garlic; sauté 10 minutes, or until mushrooms begin to brown.
2. Add wine; cook 2 minutes, or until most of wine has evaporated. Stir in broth and soy sauce; simmer 6 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Stir in parsley just before serving.
- Calories 149
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 456 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g