A touch of cinnamon and nutmeg gives these sweet treats a holiday feel and fill the kitchen with a deliciously festive aroma. Serve them on their own, or with Cashew Vanilla Cream for dipping.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 medium apples, cored and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rings
- 2 medium bananas, sliced into 1/4 inch-thick rounds
- 1 Tbs. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg, or more to taste
1. Place apple juice in bowl. Dip apple rings in juice, then set on dehydrator tray without overlapping.
2. Place banana slices on separate tray. Dust fruit with cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. Dehydrate 8 to 12 hours, or until cut slice of fruit doesn't show any moisture beads, shifting trays as necessary to evenly dry fruit. Turn off dehydrator, and cool.
- Calories: 110
- Carbohydrate Content: 30 g
- Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 1 mg
- Sugar Content: 19 g