Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Clayudas are a Oaxacan dish similar to pizza. Tortillas are slathered with a spicy black bean purée, baked, then sprinkled with various toppings.
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Heat oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add garlic and cumin, and cook 1 minute more. Place onion mixture in blender with beans, chipotle chile, brown sugar, and 3 Tbs. water. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Place 2 tortillas each on 2 baking sheets. Spread bean mixture on tortillas, and bake 5 to 7 minutes, or until edges become golden.
3. Toss slaw in bowl with cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Top each clayuda with slaw, and cut into triangles.
- Calories 157
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 436 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g