Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
For her all-season soup, Deb Barley of Elizabethtown, PA, says you can use almost any vegetables for the add-ins—thinly sliced celery, sugar snap peas cut into pieces, cut-up green beans, or whatever you have on hand. Serve with bread and a tossed salad.
1. Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté garlic and scallions 2 minutes, or until tender. Add mushrooms, and cook 3 minutes more, or until mushrooms begin to brown. Stir in rosemary, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Add stock and spinach, zucchini and tomatoes. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
3. Add corn, pasta and lentils; cook until heated; serve hot.
- Calories 260
- Carbohydrate Content 46 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 12 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 770 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g