Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Creamy coconut milk is stirred into a spicy paste for a noodle sauce with a velvety texture. The dish makes a great base for leftover veggies in place of or in addition to the kale.
1. Purée cilantro, garlic, chile, grated ginger, turmeric, and oil in food processor until green paste forms.
2. Heat saucepan over medium heat. Add paste, and sauté 30 seconds. Whisk in coconut milk and 1/2 cup water. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes without boiling. Stir in lime juice, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Cook noodles according to package directions. Whisk together soy sauce and 2 Tbs. water in small bowl.
4. Heat oil in wok over high heat. Add sliced ginger and garlic, and stir-fry 15 seconds. Add kale, and cook 1 minute. Pour in soy sauce mixture, cover, and steam 30 seconds. Uncover, and stir-fry 1 minute, or until kale is wilted.
5. Serve noodles topped with kale, coconut sauce, and peanuts, if using.
- Calories 307
- Carbohydrate Content 41 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 472 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g