Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Coconut milk makes a decadent and delicious dairy-free whipped cream, with a texture that is just like the real thing. Add a dollop to vegan cheesecake, ice cream, or pie, or to a bowl of fresh berries. For variety, add cinnamon, cardamom, or other spice in step 3.
Recipe from The Karma Chow Ultimate Cookbook: 125+ Delectable Plant-Based Vegan Recipes for a Fit, Happy, Healthy You by Melissa Costello.
1. Open can of coconut milk and spoon out the top layer of the thickened coconut cream into a mixing bowl. Leave remaining milky liquid in can; it can be used later for smoothies or other recipes.
2. Whip cream with electric beaters, starting on low and moving to high until creamy. While mixing, move beaters up and down to infuse the cream with lots of air.
3. Add vanilla and agave nectar and stir to combine.
4. Serve immediately or store for later use. In a container with a tight-fitting lid, it will keep for up to three days in the fridge.
- Serving Size 2 Tbsp.
- Calories 60
- Carbohydrate Content 2 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg