The deep color and firm texture of green lentils add an elegant dimension to this easy-to-make classic.
- 1 cup green lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill
- 3 celery stalks, finely diced (1 cup)
- 1 cup peeled and diced cucumber
- 1/3 cup finely diced fennel bulb
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
1. Bring lentils, bay leaf, and 3 cups water to a boil in saucepan. Reduce heat to medium -low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, or until lentils are tender. Drain, remove bay leaf, and cool.
2. Whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, and dill in bowl. Stir in lentils, celery, cucumber, fennel, corn, and onion. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories: 186
- Carbohydrate Content: 24 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 61 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g