For this refreshing cold noodle salad, you can use udon or soba noodles with equally good results. Check labels on the kimchee (spicy pickled Korean vegetables) because some brands contain fish sauce or anchovies.
- 8 oz. brown rice udon noodles or buckwheat soba noodles
- 12 oz. seasoned baked tofu, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded and coarsely grated
- 4 oz. mild kimchee, undrained
- 2 Tbs. toasted sesame oil
Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles, and cook according to package directions.
Drain noodles, rinse under cold running water and drain again. Transfer to serving bowl. Add tofu, cucumbers, kimchee and sesame oil, and toss to mix. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour. Mix well, and serve.
- Calories: 480
- Carbohydrate Content: 48 g
- Fat Content: 18 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 560 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g