Cold Noodles with Peanut Sauce
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. peeled, grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 green onions (white and pale green parts), chopped
- 2 Tbs. unsalted peanut butter
- 2 Tbs. tahini
- 2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs. sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 lb. soba noodles, somen or driedlinguine
Bring large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, in food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except noodles and process until smooth. Transfer sauce to large bowl.
When water boils, add noodles and stir to prevent sticking. Cook noodles according to package directions or until al dente. Drain, rinse under cold running water and drain again.
Transfer noodles to bowl with sauce and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, at least 3 hours. Toss again before serving.
- Calories 559
- Carbohydrate Content 97 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 187 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g