Frozen collards (or substitute frozen spinach) are an easy way to get greens into a frittata. For zing, drizzle frittata wedges with hot sauce or barbecue sauce.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped (11/2 cups)
- 1 10-oz. bag frozen collard greens, thawed and drained
- 10 large eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Heat oil in ovenproof 10- to 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes, or until translucent. Push onion to one side of pan, and add collard greens. Cook 5 minutes, then stir together greens and onions.
3. Stir eggs into collard mixture. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until edges are set. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
4. Transfer skillet to oven, and bake 10 minutes, or until egg mixture is completely set. Cut into 6 wedges.
- Calories: 190
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Cholesterol Content: 314 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 210 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g