If you want to tame the taste of collard greens in the filling for these triangles, halve the amount of greens, then mash them with 1/2 cup firm tofu.
1. Pulse collard greens and shallot in food processor until finely chopped.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add collard mixture and garlic, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until collards have shrunk and are tender, and most of liquid has evaporated. Stir in vinegar, season with salt and pepper (if desired), and set aside to cool.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray, or line with parchment paper. Place 1 phyllo sheet with long side closest to you on clean work surface; cover remaining phyllo sheets with damp kitchen towel to prevent drying. Brush phyllo sheet with oil. Stack 2 more phyllo sheets on top, brushing each with oil. Cut phyllo stack lengthwise into 4 strips.
4. Spoon 1 Tbs. collard mixture 1/2 inch from a short end of 1 phyllo strip. Top with 1 pear slice. Fold upper corner over filling to make a triangle. Continue folding triangle onto itself, across, and down to make triangle packet. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining phyllo strips, then repeat entire process with remaining phyllo sheets, collard mixture, and pear slices.
5. Brush triangles with oil, and sprinkle with kosher or sea salt, if desired. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Calories 68
- Carbohydrate Content 9 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 56 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g