These superfood protein bars taste convincingly similar to premade oatmeal cookie dough, except that they’re composed entirely of natural ingredients.
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted (16 large dates)
- 1/4 cup dried goji berries
- 1/4 cup roasted almond butter
- 4 Tbs. vanilla plant-based protein powder
- 1 cup raw walnuts, divided
- 1/4 cup rolled oats, divided
- 1⁄8 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips or finely chopped dark chocolate
Pulse dates, goji berries, almond butter, protein powder, 1/2 cup walnuts, 2 Tbs. oats, and salt in food processor until doughlike and thick. Test consistency by pinching dough between two fingers—it should stick together easily. If too dry, add water 1 tsp. at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
Add remaining 1/2 cup walnuts, 2 Tbs. oats, and chocolate chips, and pulse several times to coarsely chop, while leaving plenty of texture.
Line cutting board with plastic wrap. Press dough into compact mound on wrap. Loosely wrap mound with plastic wrap, then use rolling pin to firmly flatten into a 1/2-inch-thick rectangle. Unwrap, and cut into bars or squares.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 312
- Carbohydrate Content: 46 g
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 59 mg
- Sugar Content: 35 g