To tame the heat of spicy dim sum offerings, this sauce is just the ticket.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup rice vinegar or distilled white vinegar
- 1 small red chile, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, diced (1/3 cup)
- 3 Tbs. finely chopped cilantro
Bring sugar, vinegar, and 1/4 cup water to a simmer in saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat, and stir in chile, cucumber, and cilantro. Chill.
- Calories: 35
- Carbohydrate Content: 9 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 1 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g