Canned chipotle chiles add heat and a wonderful smokiness to this sweet soup.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels or 1 1-lb. pkg. frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chopped
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 3 large radishes, diced (1/3 cup)
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and diced (1/2 cup)
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish (optional)
1. Heat oil in pot over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and coriander, and cook 1 minute. Set aside ½ cup corn for garnish; add remaining corn, broth, and chiles to pot; bring to a simmer. Cover, and simmer 7 minutes. Stir in almond milk. Purée mixture with immersion blender, and season with salt, if desired.
2. Combine radishes and avocado in bowl. Stir in lime juice. Serve soup garnished with 2 Tbs. avocado mixture, a sprinkling of corn kernels, and cilantro (if using).
- Calories: 230
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 116 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g