Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
In Asian cuisines, mung beans are used whole, ground into flour, or sprouted for bean sprouts. Gomashio is a Japanese seasoning made of sesame seeds and salt that can also have other spices in the mix.
1. Soak beans in bowl of cold water 5 hours, or overnight.
2. Place beans in saucepan, and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until beans are soft, but not mushy. Drain and rinse under cold water.
3. Transfer to bowl. Stir in corn, green onions, lime juice, and gomashio. Season with salt and pepper. Chill before serving.
- Calories 166
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 341 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g