For a zesty, herb-infused finish to a comforting vegetable stew, add a little Cilantro Pistou.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 cups (8 oz.) sliced mixed mushrooms, such as cremini, shiitake, and oyster
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium no-chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 8 oz. red-skin potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch chunks (1 cup)
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 6 tsp. Cilantro Pistou
1 | Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until mushrooms have released juices and liquid has evaporated. Stir in chili powder and pepper, and sauté 30 seconds. Add broth, cover pan, and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in corn, potatoes, and beans, and simmer 10 minutes more, or until potatoes are tender.
2 | To serve: Ladle stew into bowls. Swirl 1 tsp. pistou into each bowl.
- Calories: 180
- Carbohydrate Content: 28 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 154 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g