Imagine the best, fresh-picked crops from your farmstand paired with polentaand all ready for the table in minutes. This dish puts summer on the dinner plate, bolstered with a creamy tomato soup to start and a berry cobbler for dessert. Thats a sure way to beat the heat.
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. tube polenta
- 1 3/4 cups (15 1/2 -oz. can) hominy, drained
- 1 3/4 cups (11-oz. can) corn kernels, drained
- 1 1/2 cups (14-oz. can) whole baby corn, drained
- 1 1/2 Tbs. chili powder, or to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded soy or low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Slice polenta into 8 circles, and when oil is hot, pan-fry on 1 side for 3 to 4 minutes, or until browned. Turn over, and pan-fry on second side for another 3 to 4 minutes, or until browned. Remove from skillet, and arrange circles side by side on individual plates.
Add hominy, corn kernels and whole baby corn to skillet. Sprinkle with chili powder and cheese, and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through and cheese has melted. Remove from heat.
To serve, spoon equal amounts of corn mixture on plates over or between polenta circles. Sprinkle each serving with lime juice, and garnish with cilantro.
- Calories: 560
- Carbohydrate Content: 106 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 14 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 670 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g