Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
These colorful latkes make a stunning presentation when served on a platter with toppings such as sour cream, diced tomatoes, chopped green onions, chopped cilantro or parsley, thinly sliced avocado, whole or sliced olives, and hot sauce.
1. Purée 3/4 cup thawed corn in food processor until just a few small pieces remain. Transfer to large bowl, and add bell pepper, green onions, cilantro, oregano, cayenne, flour, and half of remaining corn kernels. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, then fold in egg and egg white. Fold in remaining corn kernels.
2. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spoon 2 heaping Tbs. corn mixture into pan for each latke. Flatten slightly with back of spoon. Add 3 or 4 more latkes to pan, and fry 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown, turning carefully with 2 spatulas so oil doesn’t splatter. Drain on paper-towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining corn mixture, stirring mixture before each batch. Add more oil to pan as needed.
3. Serve latkes hot, with desired toppings.
- Calories 145
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 31 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 24 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g