Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This rich, moist cake can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container—it tastes even better a day after it’s baked.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 10-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray, and dust with flour.
2. To make Swirl: Whisk together cream cheese, egg, cinnamon, and vanilla in bowl; set aside.
3. Combine sugar, lemon juice, and 1 Tbs. water in small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer 5 minutes, or until syrup thickens. Remove from heat, and stir in pecans. Set aside 1/3 cup pecan mixture to cool for garnish. Add remaining pecan mixture to cream cheese mixture.
4. To make Cake: Whisk together flour, cornmeal, rosemary, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in bowl. Whisk together sugar, yogurt, eggs, oil, and vanilla in separate bowl. Stir flour mixture into yogurt mixture until thoroughly combined. Pour half of batter into prepared Bundt pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture over batter. Spread remaining batter on top of cream cheese mixture. Drag knife or wooden skewer through batter and cream cheese mixture to swirl. Bake 55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in Cake comes out clean. Cool pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Invert onto wire rack to cool completely.
5. To garnish with Topping: Coarsely chop remaining 1/3 cup pecan mixture. Whisk confectioners’ sugar with 1 Tbs. water in bowl, and drizzle over Cake. Sprinkle pecan mixture over top while glaze is still wet. Let glaze set at least 1 hour before serving.
- Calories 374
- Carbohydrate Content 47 g
- Cholesterol Content 53 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 371 mg
- Sugar Content 28 g