Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This colorful compote is lightly sweetened with pomegranate molasses, which can be found in well-stocked supermarkets and most Middle Eastern grocery stores.
1. To make Compote: Stir together all ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
2. To make Pancakes: Whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in large bowl.
3. Blend kefir, corn, and eggs in blender until smooth. Pour kefir mixture into flour mixture, and stir in until just combined. (It’s OK if there are some small lumps.)
4. Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Scoop 3 Tbs. batter for each pancake, and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with Compote.
- Calories 247
- Carbohydrate Content 51 g
- Cholesterol Content 62 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 397 mg
- Sugar Content 18 g