Bring the flavor of Provence into your kitchen with this easy dish. To make it a meal, addh a bountiful spinach salad accented with red onion rings, toasted pine nuts, and a low-fat vinaigrette.
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked couscous
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup nicoise or kalamata olives
- 8 cherry tomatoes, slivered
- 8 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. drained capers
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
In medium saucepan, combine broth, garlic and oil and bring just to a boil over high heat.
Stir in couscous, cover and remove from heat. Let mixture stand, covered, about 5 minutes.
Uncover couscous mixture; fluff with fork to separate grains. Lightly stir in remaining ingredients until blended. Transfer mixture to large shallow bowl and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Calories: 215
- Carbohydrate Content: 34 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 421 mg