Couscous Salad with Fresh Mango
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 Tbs. tahini
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt or soft tofu
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 ripe large mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup cooked or canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained if canned
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbs. orange juice
- 2/3 cup uncooked whole-wheat couscous
In medium saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a boil. Stir in couscous, return to a boil, cover and turn heat off. Let stand until water is absorbed, 5 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in small cup, mix orange juice and tahini until well blended. In large bowl, whisk yogurt until smooth, then whisk in tahini mixture, cumin and ginger. Stir in mango, chickpeas and raisins.
Fluff couscous with fork. Stir into mango mixture along with cilantro. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Calories 242
- Carbohydrate Content 47 g
- Cholesterol Content 2 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 37 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g