Couscous with Minted Pea Ragoût
30 minutes or fewer Turnips may sound unusual in this North AfricanÂ?inspired stew, but they balance the flavor and texture of the dish.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
30 minutes or fewer
Turnips may sound unusual in this North AfricanÂ?inspired stew, but they balance the flavor and texture of the dish.
- 4 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 10-oz. pkg. Parmesan-flavored instant couscous
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 medium-sized turnips, peeled and diced
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 4 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 10-oz. bag frozen peas
- 1 8-oz. pkg. Italian-style baked tofu, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
Bring 2 cups broth to a boil. Put couscous, parsley and 1 Tbs. olive oil in large serving dish. Pour hot broth over mixture, stir to combine; cover, and let sit 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat remaining olive oil in large pot over medium heat. Add turnips, cumin and pinch of salt. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add green onions, peas, tofu and remaining broth. Mix in 1/4 cup mint leaves. Cook 10 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
Fluff couscous with fork. Reheat 1 minute in microwave, if necessary.
Make well in middle of couscous, and fill with ragoût. Garnish with remaining mint leaves and serve.
- Calories 384
- Carbohydrate Content 52 g
- Cholesterol Content 2 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 967 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g