These vibrant-hued bars look great on an autumn dinner table. The sweetened condensed milk gives them a texture similar to Key lime pie.
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen cranberries
- 7 oz. fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup graham flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbs. butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. To make Filling: Bring cranberries and 1/2 cup water to a simmer in saucepan. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 10 minutes, or until berries have burst and are tender. Cool. Blend in blender or food processor until smooth, and strain mixture through sieve. (You should have about 1 cup purée.)
2. Transfer purée to bowl, and whisk in condensed milk and lemon juice. Whisk in egg yolks.
3. To make Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 8-inch square baking pan with foil, and coat with cooking spray.
4. Whisk together flours, sugar, and salt in bowl. Stir in butter and vanilla extract. Press into bottom of prepared pan, and bake 25 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F, and pour Filling into hot Crust. Bake 23 to 28 minutes, or until custard is set. Cool, then chill until firm.
5. Use foil to lift baked dessert out of pan, then remove. Cut into 25 bars. Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Calories: 89
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Cholesterol Content: 31 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 80 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g