Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Feel free to substitute roughly chopped organic dried dates for the cranberries.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Bring cranberries and orange juice to a simmer in small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat; let stand 15 minutes. Drain off excess liquid; set aside.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt into medium bowl. Set aside. Whisk 6 Tbs. water into flaxseed meal in small bowl. Set aside.
3. Cream margarine, sugar crystals, and orange zest with electric mixer
2 minutes, or until fluffy. Beat in flaxseed mixture. Fold one-third of flour mixture into margarine mixture. Stir in 1/4 cup soymilk. Repeat, ending with flour mixture. Fold in cranberries.
4. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups; sprinkle with sugar crystals. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. Cool in muffin pan set on wire rack. Dust with confectioners’ sugar, if using.
- Calories 229
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 207 mg
- Sugar Content 18 g