This sweet-tart condiment is a pleasing accompaniment to the tempeh ||sausage|| and roasted potatoes.
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries
- 1 cup fresh orange juice (from 2 to 3 oranges)
- 1/3 cup dried currants
- 1 1/2 tsp. honey, or to taste
In small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and cayenne and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Stir in cranberries, orange juice and currants. Cover and simmer until cranberries are broken and mixture is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Stir in honey and season lightly with salt to taste. Serve hot, chilled or at room temperature.
- Calories: 67
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 2 mg