30 minutes or lessLynette Jenkins created this recipe as a wholesome and slightly sweet accompaniment to Thanksgiving dinner. I love the mixture of textures and flavors, says Lynette, and so does my family.
- 3 cups cooked kasha
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (2 oz.)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 medium stalks celery, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (dry-roasted or raw)
- 3 scallions (white and light green parts), chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, preferably extra-virgin
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. grated nutmeg
In medium bowl, mix cooked kasha, walnuts, cranberries, celery, sunflower seeds and scallions.
Make dressing: In small bowl, mix all ingredients. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve right away or cover and refrigerate overnight. Garnish with mint leaves before serving.
- Calories: 258
- Carbohydrate Content: 36 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 60 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 16 mg