Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
1. Set oven rack in top third of oven; preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Whisk eggs with 1 Tbs. half-and-half or milk, and season with salt,
if desired. Set aside.
3. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high, add potato, and season with salt, if desired. Cook 5 minutes, or until browned in some places and al dente, stirring occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, pulse 1 cup corn kernels and 1 tsp. jalapeño slices with remaining ¼ cup half-and-half or milk in food processor until chunky.
5. Stir creamed corn mixture and remaining ½ cup corn kernels into potato mixture; cook 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium, and stir in chard and remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil. Drizzle eggs over vegetables to coat evenly. Cook 2 minutes, shifting vegetables so that egg coats bottom of the pan and all vegetables lie flat and are at least halfway submerged by egg. Sprinkle with remaining jalapeño slices and queso fresco. Bake frittata in oven 7 to 10 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size 1 slice
- Calories 170
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 147 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 119 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g