This nut-based, eggless hollandaise-style sauce is a sublime substitute for mayonnaise. Slather it on a veggie burger or any favorite sandwich.
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds (3 oz.)
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/2 medium clove garlic, minced, or 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. cider vinegar
In food processor or blender, process almonds just until minced. Add soy milk and process until paste forms. Add garlic and yeast.
With motor running, slowly add oil in thin stream until blended, then add lemon juice and vinegar. Season with salt to taste.
With rubber spatula, scrape mixture into small bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. The almondaise will thicken.
- Calories: 76
- Carbohydrate Content: 1 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 2 mg