30 minutes or fewer
This soup is rich and thick like a cream-based soup, without the fat or guilt. Hint: It’s blending the veggies that makes it so hearty.
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 lb. broccoli, florets separated, stems peeled and cut into 1/2-inch rounds (about 6 cups)
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms (about 3 cups)
1. Spray large saucepan with cooking spray. Add onion, and cook 7 minutes over medium heat, or until softened, stirring often. Stir in garlic, and cook 1 minute more.
2. Add broth, 2 cups water, broccoliand mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 15 minutes, or until broccoli is tender.
3. Purée soup in batches in food processor. Return to pot. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls, and serve.
- Calories: 77
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 714 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g